Wednesday, October 15, 2014

He is Smiling Again!



       My kind of plate. You think it is edible?

    The ventilator tubes are outta his mouth! Hurrah! He is smiling for the first time in a long time. The speech therapist will come in tomorrow and teach him how to talk with the trach in. We are getting better at reading his lips. He was puckering up so I thought he wanted a kiss. Couldn't tribute out what he wanted. Sigh

     Debbie Welch the occupational therapist from the school district stopped by. She said to tell Bruce to listen to the therapists they know what is best. She said her church group is praying for us too. That is comforting to know so many people who don't know us care enough to pray. There is power in prayer.

     Met a group of babies in 2 red wagons with rows outside by the water fountain. The ladies said it is a day care for the employees at the hospital. I think they said it was for age 8 months to three years. The babies did not like the wind. Neither did I and I hurried inside. I couldn't take a picture, they would need parental permission. 

   Seen in the valet section.
      Okay, the sixth and seventh floor, are you ready for this? They are empty! Yes how disappointing. I was hoping for a locked insane asylum or experimental floor. We should write a story about those floors... They are planning on moving an outside building medical floor to this building. 
     
      The 'peg' tube is in for feeding. He will get three 'meals' a day to prepare for a liquid diet when the tube comes out. 
     
        Bruce is resting when the nurses don't come in for some trivial reason. 
It is 68 degrees in this room and he likes the fan on. Brrr, I always wear a jacket.
We compliment each other that way. He is hot and I am cold.
   

    
       Gowns, sheets, towels and washcloths for ICU.

    Here is a YouTube video the third grade made for Mr. Kevan. It is three minutes long and just delightful. 
http://youtu.be/AJ6lQt9Dj-A
    

1 comment:

Barb E. said...

Dear Karen and Bruce,
Thank you, Karen, for this blog. It has been hard not knowing how recovery is going. My husband and I just got back from a week in Boston visiting our daughter (yea, retirement). I saw many, many bike riders there in that busy city. With each rider I thought of you, Bruce. I was glad to see this blog address in the paper when we returned.
Craig and I pray for your healing. You are an incredible man whose character is a reflection of the kindness and grace of our Lord. I've always admired that about you. "Good to the bone" is used to describe you! You are also a man in incredible physical condition which will help in your healing, I'm sure.
I sent you a card before we left for Biston. I sent it the hospital on State Street. I hope you finally got it. Much love and prayer for you both. Barb Ely

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley