Monday, October 6, 2014

Friends That Cook

    Began the day with a minor melt down. Andrew was ready to go to school and leave his crying mama behind.
   I asked our Relief Society president to go with me to do errands. I just felt overwhelmed with all the stuff we need to do. It was good to have someone to talk to and I felt foolish after I was under control.
  I got a new cell phone plan so will be able to write longer replies and talk all I want, which as my friend described me, I am an 'enthusiastic' talker, ahem, what does she mean by that? hello?
      I called the hospital and talked to Bruce's ICU nurse. She said he was about the same. He is getting liquid food. A tube is inserted along with the ventilator tube. He hasn't eaten since Thursday. The nurse said Bruce opens his eyes when she talks to him.
 I got some poison for our friends the mice, they invade the house each fall. Bruce sets traps, but he won't be around to empty them, so I put poison out. Good bye Gus Gus.
   Before we left, a friend and her son brought over decorations for our porch. They wanted to do something to help. I love them! Thank -you! This is something I could do for a friend in need.
   I had an appointment with the school district financial person and we may be eligible for workman's comp. This is good news. Riding to and from work does not count however since Bruce was going to a meeting for the school it could be covered. Yeah!
   Getting the costumes ready for the high school musical will come to an end. I met with Denise Wheeler and she will take care of it. Just a couple more things to do.

  We have been blessed with friends that cook! Last night we got lasagna for dinner and homemade sweet rolls for breakfast. Tonight we got homemade tortellini soup, warm bread and cookies. Our neighbor brought Halloween cupcakes over, Eli is in first grade and adorable. Needless to say Andrew is loving the food. Tomorrow we get meatloaf. Can't wait. I will probably gain back those 6 pounds I lost. My husband has probably lost 6 pounds or more too.


pumpkin decorations

a sweet message




















     Took a photo of Grandpa K's clothes. The EMT's cut them off of him. They remove your clothes when you are in an accident so they can see what is wrong with you and they can fix any wounds or other things that might be wrong with you. Thought you might like to see them. I will make them into squares. There's good fabric left! So always wear clean underwear! Mom was right.

good flannel

Whats left of the jeans

2 comments:

lindsy said...

I love hearing all of the details :) There are so many good people. Hang in there! We love you

lindzandrob said...

I'm glad you have people taking care of you. Wish we were closer!! We love you and are praying for you daily.

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley