Friday, October 17, 2014

Food and Friends

    Sorry about yesterday's blog. I thought it worked... Infernal machine.

      This is a friend a found on my walk this morning.
 
  Grandpa K is about the same. He sat up for two hours. He is up to three hours on the cpap. He was having back spasms today. Rob was rubbing his shoulders for him and singing to him. 

     Went to lunch with Carol Murphy and son Rob to Denny's. Thanks for letting me talk and talk and eat, my two favorite things to do. Thanks for the cards. Sometimes I read the cards to Bruce, I am not sure how much gets through to him but I like them, they are encouraging. 
   
    The hospital workers gave me brochures for two places for the next step. Bruce would be in rehab for three weeks in a small hospital with the same stuff as the ICU only more physical therapy. They specialize in getting patients off the ventilator, and off the stomach tube to a liquid diet. The insurance companies like this as it is cheaper than ICU with the same care and a friendlier environment. 
       
     Rob's wife Lindsey took me to both places in Boise. They both have cafeterias and  I can stay in the room, good nurse to patient ratio, doctors and occupational therapists and a gym for physical therapy. Thanks for going with me Lindsey. I sometimes feel numb and can't react. 
   
     Aunt Kathy was telling me the newest therapy in spinal cord injuries is an exoskeleton (Google it) where the back teaches the brain how to walk. Neither place has this equipment. I imagine it is fairly new and very expensive.

     How do you think the unthinkable? With an itheburg... Get it? Rob was trying to cheer me up. For John Lamarou. Get it? An unsinkable ship with an ice burg... Oh well 
 

   
     
     
 

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley