Thursday, October 9, 2014

He Winked at Me!


     This is a picture of the mitten Grandpa K wears to keep him from pulling the tubes out of his throat. The light on the index finger reminds me of ET. They removed the mitten when his sedation wore off.
    Andrew came home with some snicker doodles made by the sweet office ladies at the high school last night. Thank you for spoiling him and caring so much. I cut Andrew's hair last night. Always have trouble with the bangs. He just combs it to the side.
    Went to DQ with carol, ice cream therapy is sweet. I had Apple pie blizzard and Carol had a pumpkin pie blizzard.

   Tinker bell accompanied me in my road trip to Boise this morning. I have dangle earrings with a crystal that made tinker bell lights in the car.
    When I arrived at ICU what to my wondering eye should appear but a Hospital Survival kit  ~ from Nelson's and Gabby, who had sent a couple of fun female magazines, a sudoku book for Bruce, a crossword puzzle book for moi, and as Garfield would say "candy, candy, candy". 5 bags no less. Thank you for that pleasant surprise. 

     My husband greeted me with a wink! 
 Our only daughter Crys and her husband Allan are here, she can read lips, she figured out Bruce was hot, he wanted the fan on, he has a fever and the nurses put ice bags around him. I sit and hold his hand and rub his leg. He can feel me rubbing his leg with one hand and holding his hand with the other. Looks like I will never refuse to hold his hand again.
Wayne and Kathy Jensen friends from Sutherlin dropped by. It was nice to see them and to get hugs.
Grandpa K did a four hour spontaneous breathing trial, C pap trial - means continuous positive air way pressure.  It wears him out but he needs to start breathing on his own and it predicts how he will do when the tube is out and if he can cough. 
     This glass 'cherry tree' is on the Fourth floor of the hospital. There are art pieces in the hall facing the elevators as the doors open and in the hallways. There is a quilt on the ninth floor Andrew and I found on our second day there. I will post a photo soon.  

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Karen,
Karen Jensen just happens to be Reed's cousin. Small world,huh?
We sure have been thinking about you all and are always in our prayers. Thanks for sharing your blog with us.

Take Care my friend,
Debbie Waite

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley