Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday

      Went to Sacrament meeting with my host family. So glad to take the sacrament. I told Bruce he could have it next week. He rolled his eyes and then looked down at the ventilator. 
     
      They have him facing the window today with a lovely view of white pebbles on a rooftop. At least the sun is shining and he can see clouds.
   
     His fever is down. I put a washcloth on his head. He kept gesturing to me and waving over his lap. I asked him if he wanted me to sit on his lap, got a big smile out of that faux pax. Never did figure out what he wanted.
     
     The cpap breathing test was too tiring for him. They are back to 2 three hour tests today. Essentially they have to retrain his lungs to breathe. 
  
     He is sitting up! They wrapped his legs and put a girdle (Captain Kirk wore a girdle) on him for support. He sits up for two hours. This posture helps to clear the lungs. He will sit up every day now. The PT man, Brad with a nice manly beard, said they eventually will not need the leg wrap or the girdle, it is to keep the blood from rushing to his feet. Maybe I will use the girdle...
     
     His hands are swollen so they had them propped up on pillows for better circulation.
Fun license plate I saw this morning.

This the art on the eight floor. 
     
     I asked the nurse if I could go to the roof to see the helicopters land, she said she didn't think so, maybe they did tours and I could check at the main desk. The grandchildren are coming this week and I thought they might like to see the helicopters. I'll ask tomorrow.
    Wait, watch and pray.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Karen,
We are so glad that Bruce finally got to sit up. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. We continue to wait, watch and pray with you.

I will be heading that direction the last weekend in October. I will stop by. Let me know if you need anything from home that I can get to you. You are an amazing woman. Love you guys. Debbie Waite

Unknown said...

Awesome news, thx for the updates!

Unknown said...

Hi Sister Kevan,
We are so excited for the progress President Kevan is making! He is a strong, determined man! We know he will soon be on the fast track of recovery! Sophia is in 7th grade now. She loved her principal Mr. Kevan! She was sad he retired for her last bit at Central. It was just not the same!
Thanks for sharing your blog with your stake family, too. We love reading the updates! We are all praying for you two, and your family!
With love to you both!
Mark, JoAnna, Sophia, Soren, and Seth Madsen

The M Family said...

The Morrisons are praying for you Bruce!!!!!! Keep up the good work getting well. Love reading the words of your sweet wife. Love the winks and the eye rolling! Sending many faith-filled prayers your way Love Hubert Jodie and family

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley