Wednesday, October 29, 2014

More Ramblings

      Made the trip to Boise just fine, listened to a murder mystery on disk on the way over. I want to read more, it is a good story. Didn't cry, sob, weep or howl once. Am I getting stronger or just focusing my thoughts on other things? Perhaps both.
       Bruce talked and told me all about his day, then I read him to him about 20 cards he had received. Bruce went to see Dr. Montalbano, the neuro surgeon in an ambulance ride to St Al's. Bruce told the driver he wanted to see her license first. She laughed and laughed. The visit lasted 15 seconds and the Dr wants to see Bruce again in 2 months. The trip must have worn him out. Bruce rolled his eyes when he said how long the visit was and all the trouble to get him there. He is resting now. 
       I have a ten page medical history the Dr wants me to fill out. I despise forms, a necessary evil, I suppose.
     Still breathing on his own. He is eating ice cubes. The lady therapist told him the prize for eating the ice cubes is more ice cubes. He asked for some later this evening and the nurses said only the ice cube lady can give him those as they don't know how to do it and what to look for and what to do if something goes wrong.
     
       My friends are sending me 2 1/2 inch strips of fall colored fabric to make a quilt. The colors are gorgeous. I just want to play with them and lay them out in rows and well it is a quilter thing.  For a quilter to part with any kind of fabric is an honor as we kinda hoard our fabric. Thank you dear friends. 
      They sat him up in the chair for about 45 minutest his afternoon. They are still wrapping his legs. I helped wrap one leg and the PT told me to make it tighter as I wrapped. Bruce wears a belt/ girdle support around his waist too.
     Audrey Lawrence stopped by for a visit,  Mark Sheldon's mother, he was the custodian at Central. She said she was 87 years old and had been visiting people in the hospitals since 1988. She is a strong woman. She moves slow but she is steady. She said a prayer of comfort and peace with us. I recognize her now when she comes for a visit.
      We turned on the tv this evening and we're watching some bb. Bruce has to have it on so loud for him to hear it hurts my ears. Bruce said he would fall asleep if he didn't have something to do. I sat and squirmed in a very hard seat next to him. 
     He complained he was cold, so I added a blanket and his hat. The temp was up to 73. A bit later he says to remove the hat and cover his bare shoulders. I like his shoulders bare, but I suppose he is in charge. 
    The days are long and monotonous. Change is small and hard to see at times. 
He did say to the nurse he would be fine, I have my wife here with me, so I suppose I will go back and visit him tomorrow. 


   

No comments:

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley