Saturday, October 11, 2014

Healing Waters Quilt


     Mr. K's fever is down, tube is still in, cough not strong enough, was answering some questions with a nod.
     He wrinkled his nose at me, he does recognize me, that is good. He lifts his eyebrow up so I change the washcloth and when the ice melts in the ice bags I ask the nurse to change it. I told them I would do it,  they all seem so busy. How hard could it be? They must have rules about non employees.

     Went for a walk with Carol Murphy around the hospital. The trail is called The Healing Trail.

    Rhonda Shelton dropped by. It is good to see familiar faces.

     Heard four helicopters today. Mom always said to say a prayer when we hear an ambulance go by. She meant to pray for whoever is in the ambulance and the family that will follow it. I think I will begin praying for helicopter riders and their families.

     Heather Gooderham dropped off a package from 400+ Central Elementary students. It was filled with cards and letters. I started to read them and had to stop as I got all teary eyed. I will read them with Mr. K when the ventilator is out.


     This is the quilt on the ninth floor.
     Tap the photo and it magically gets bigger so you can read about the quilt.

     No sitting up today, the PT guys had to reschedule it, Mr. K shook his head no, he didn't want to anyway.
    
     Took a time out in the visitors section, closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I soon heard snoring and it got louder at least someone is getting a nap.

    The nurse asked Mr K if it was the month of Aug and he nodded yes, then she asked him if it was September and he nodded no. She then asked him if it was 2011 and he nodded no, she asked him if it was 2013 and he nodded no, next she asked him if it is 2014 and he nodded yes. Finally she asked him if he felt any tingling or numbing in his legs and he nodded no. So she touched his leg and said can you feel that? He nodded yes and she said you are peeking, so he closed his eyes and she pretended to touch him and he didn't respond. Lastly she touched him on his leg and she said can you feel that? And he said yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen! You are in my heart and prayers everyday. We all love Mr. Kevan so much and it hurts to hear of his suffering. He is such a strong, kind man and we are all pulling for him.

Andrew has become a favorite of mine and everyday I smile at his sense of humor. He is such a doll. Good job mom! Hang in there Karen and please know that I am just an "ask" away. Anything! Susie

Men in a row

Men in a row
Men in my life Photo Jeri Mackley

Look at those guns!

Look at those guns!
Whoa, look at those guns Photo by Jeri Mackley